Wednesday, April 16

April 16

My goodness, it's been a long time since my last post. Been busy in the meantime, finishing the mushroom project, tilling, sowing, transplanting, mowing, watering and all sorts of the usual farm chores...

The first Flat Rock tailgate market starts tomorrow (Thursdays 3-6, behind Rainbow Row). As most farmers do, I'm running behind a couple weeks, and the cool weather hasn't helped me hurry up all the veggies I transplanted. So, I don't have a lot for this week, but I'll be there with a few things that have wintered over nicely! A few more warm weeks and we'll all be rolling in salad mix!

Looking foward to the start of a great season!

-Mollie

3 comments:

Blue Harvest Mama said...

Hi Molly,

I bought from you on the last day last season at the Tryon market... Everything was delicious and I look forward to your wonderful produce again this season!

Will you have any garlic? I need some for making big batches of fermented garlic for the cold season :o)

Thanks!
Dionne
www.blueharvestfarm.net

Grandmother said...

Hey!
I've been waiting for the update!
It's a joy to track what is going on this way!
Thanks!

The food certainly IS good.
Best of wishes -
Mom

Mollie LeBude said...

Hi Dionne, Thanks for your comment!

Yes, we will have garlic, more towards July. I divided up several pounds into cloves last fall, and they are looking good right now, so I expect to have a good yield.

We planted two varieties, Lorz Italian and Oregon Blue. The first is a strong garlic, for garlic lovers, and the other is a hot garlic, both with good storage qualities.

-mollie