Thursday, February 28

February 28

It's getting busy these days - still trying to work on non-farm projects and start farm work for real.

I'm over half-way through cutting all my mushroom logs. I found out I don't have to use just oak logs, so we've started cutting some poplar as well, as there are plenty in our woods. The work isn't too hard, but I will be glad when I'm done felling trees. It was fun for the first couple of trees, but it's not my favorite part of the project.

Bought a lot of seed potatoes and onion sets yesterday! I'll be cutting the potatoes and trying to get them and the onions in the ground next week.

The other big item these days is still sowing seeds. I have located some greenhouse space, so I've got something a little warmer than my workable, but makeshift, coldframe. I'm working to get enough going so that I can have plenty by the time the Thursday Flat Rock Market opens on April 17th. Won't be long!

Have a great rest of the week.
-Mollie

No comments: