Sunday, July 8

July 9, 2007 produce and prices

Welcome to the new website!

I've been busy this afternoon getting ready to place a new seed order for a fall garden. I have so much fun thinking about that!

Blackberries are still going strong, and I still have way too much lettuce. Summer squash has started, and is very tender and tasty! I'm trying a new variety this year (new for me, anyway, as are most things this year), called Zephyr--it is like a yellow crookneck squash with a green blossom end--it looks interesting and has excellent flavor and tenderness. The zuchinni is starting to bear, but is starting up a little slower.

My "early" row of corn started silking this week. I was unaware how much the bees love the pollen on the tassels. It sounds so good to be down there and hear all the bees in the corn and the buckwheat covercrop.


Here's a list of what's available this week. Let me know what, if anything, you'd like, and I'll bring it by.

Thanks,
Mollie

1.00 half-dozen sweet banana peppers
1.00 half-dozen summer squash -- yellow crookneck and zephyr
0.50 zuchinni (each) -- yellow and green
3.50 wild blackberries -- 1 pint
1.50 salad mix -- gallon bag
1.25 head lettuce galore -- various kinds, but especially green Romain and iceberg
2.25 for two heads
1.00 'Red Giant' mustard greens -- bunched
1.00 beets -- bunched
1.00 basket of baby and young cucumbers (limit 1, please)
2.50 new potatoes -- small carton size--about 2 pounds (limit 1, please)
0.75 your choice of bunched herbs: parsely, thyme, lemon basil, marjoram, or chives

No comments: